• Dump Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pile of ore or rock.
- (v. t.) Absence of mind; revery.
- (v. t.) An old kind of dance.
- (v. t.) To put or throw down with more or less of violence; hence, to unload from a cart by tilting it; as, to dump sand, coal, etc.
- (v. t.) To knock heavily; to stump.
- (n.) That which is dumped.
- (n.) A ground or place for dumping ashes, refuse, etc.
- (n.) A thick, ill-shapen piece; a clumsy leaden counter used by boys in playing chuck farthing.
- (v. t.) A melancholy strain or tune in music; any tune.
- (v. t.) A dull, gloomy state of the mind; sadness; melancholy; low spirits; despondency; ill humor; -- now used only in the plural.
- (n.) A car or boat for dumping refuse, etc.
• Dumpling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A roundish mass of dough boiled in soup, or as a sort of pudding; often, a cover of paste inclosing an apple or other fruit, and boiled or baked; as, an apple dumpling.
• Dumpiness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being dumpy.