• Eared Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having external ears; having tufts of feathers resembling ears.
- (a.) Having (such or so many) ears; -- used in composition; as, long-eared-eared; sharp-eared; full-eared; ten-eared.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ear
• Ear Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Privilege of being kindly heard; favor; attention.
- (n.) The spike or head of any cereal (as, wheat, rye, barley, Indian corn, etc.), containing the kernels.
- (n.) Same as Acroterium.
- (v. t.) To plow or till; to cultivate.
- (n.) The organ of hearing; the external ear.
- (n.) That which resembles in shape or position the ear of an animal; any prominence or projection on an object, -- usually one for support or attachment; a lug; a handle; as, the ears of a tub, a skillet, or dish. The ears of a boat are outside kneepieces near the bow. See Illust. of Bell.
- (v. i.) To put forth ears in growing; to form ears, as grain; as, this corn ears well.
- (v. t.) To take in with the ears; to hear.
- (n.) The sense of hearing; the perception of sounds; the power of discriminating between different tones; as, a nice ear for music; -- in the singular only.
- (n.) Same as Crossette.