• Easter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The day on which the festival is observed; Easter day.
- (v. i.) To veer to the east; -- said of the wind.
- (n.) An annual church festival commemorating Christs resurrection, and occurring on Sunday, the second day after Good Friday. It corresponds to the pasha or passover of the Jews, and most nations still give it this name under the various forms of pascha, pasque, paque, or pask.
• Easter lily Definition & Synonyms
- () The larger white lily (Lilium longiflorum eximium, syn. L. Harrisii) called also Bermuda lily.
- () The daffodil (Narcissus Pseudo-Narcissus).
- () The common white lily (Lilium candidum), called also Annunciation lily.
- () The Atamasco lily.
- () Any one of various lilies or lilylike flowers which bloom about Easter;