• Ecclesiastic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person in holy orders, or consecrated to the service of the church and the ministry of religion; a clergyman; a priest.
- (v. t.) Of or pertaining to the church. See Ecclesiastical.
• Ecclesiastical Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the church; relating to the organization or government of the church; not secular; as, ecclesiastical affairs or history; ecclesiastical courts.
• Ecclesiastically Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an ecclesiastical manner; according ecclesiastical rules.