• Effect Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Impression left on the mind; sensation produced.
- (n.) Goods; movables; personal estate; -- sometimes used to embrace real as well as personal property; as, the people escaped from the town with their effects.
- (n.) Reality; actual meaning; fact, as distinguished from mere appearance.
- (v. t.) To produce, as a cause or agent; to cause to be.
- (n.) Manifestation; expression; sign.
- (n.) In general: That which is produced by an agent or cause; the event which follows immediately from an antecedent, called the cause; result; consequence; outcome; fruit; as, the effect of luxury.
- (n.) Execution; performance; realization; operation; as, the law goes into effect in May.
- (v. t.) To bring to pass; to execute; to enforce; to achieve; to accomplish.
- (n.) Consequence intended; purpose; meaning; general intent; -- with to.
- (n.) Power to produce results; efficiency; force; importance; account; as, to speak with effect.
- (n.) The purport; the sum and substance.
• Effectuate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bring to pass; to effect; to achieve; to accomplish; to fulfill.