• Embark Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to go on board a vessel or boat; to put on shipboard.
- (v. t.) To engage, enlist, or invest (as persons, money, etc.) in any affair; as, he embarked his fortune in trade.
- (v. i.) To go on board a vessel or a boat for a voyage; as, the troops embarked for Lisbon.
- (v. i.) To engage in any affair.
• Embarkation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is embarked; as, an embarkation of Jesuits.
- (n.) The act of putting or going on board of a vessel; as, the embarkation of troops.
• Embarkment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Embarkation.