• Embattle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be arrayed for battle.
- (v. t.) To furnish with battlements.
- (v. t.) To arrange in order of battle; to array for battle; also, to prepare or arm for battle; to equip as for battle.
• Embattled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Embattle
- (a.) Having the edge broken like battlements; -- said of a bearing such as a fess, bend, or the like.
- (a.) Having indentations like a battlement.
- (a.) Having been the place of battle; as, an embattled plain or field.