• Embracing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Embrace
• Embrace Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To encircle; to encompass; to inclose.
- (v. t.) To fasten on, as armor.
- (n.) To attempt to influence corruptly, as a jury or court.
- (n.) To include as parts of a whole; to comprehend; to take in; as, natural philosophy embraces many sciences.
- (n.) To seize eagerly, or with alacrity; to accept with cordiality; to welcome.
- (n.) To accept; to undergo; to submit to.
- (n.) Intimate or close encircling with the arms; pressure to the bosom; clasp; hug.
- (n.) To clasp in the arms with affection; to take in the arms; to hug.
- (n.) To cling to; to cherish; to love.
- (v. i.) To join in an embrace.