• Emerge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To rise out of a fluid; to come forth from that in which anything has been plunged, enveloped, or concealed; to issue and appear; as, to emerge from the water or the ocean; the sun emerges from behind the moon in an eclipse; to emerge from poverty or obscurity.
• Emergency Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An unforeseen occurrence or combination of circumstances which calls for immediate action or remedy; pressing necessity; exigency.
- (n.) Sudden or unexpected appearance; an unforeseen occurrence; a sudden occasion.