• Endure Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To harden; to toughen; to make hardy.
- (v. t.) To bear with patience; to suffer without opposition or without sinking under the pressure or affliction; to bear up under; to put up with; to tolerate.
- (v. t.) To remain firm under; to sustain; to undergo; to support without breaking or yielding; as, metals endure a certain degree of heat without melting; to endure wind and weather.
- (v. i.) To remain firm, as under trial or suffering; to suffer patiently or without yielding; to bear up under adversity; to hold out.
- (v. i.) To continue in the same state without perishing; to last; to remain.
• Endurement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Endurance.