• Enforced Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Compelled; forced; not voluntary.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Enforce
• Enforce Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make or gain by force; to obtain by force; as, to enforce a passage.
- (v. i.) To prove; to evince.
- (v. t.) To urge; to ply hard; to lay much stress upon.
- (v. i.) To strengthen; to grow strong.
- (n.) Force; strength; power.
- (v. t.) To give force to; to strengthen; to invigorate; to urge with energy; as, to enforce arguments or requests.
- (v. t.) To put force upon; to force; to constrain; to compel; as, to enforce obedience to commands.
- (v. i.) To attempt by force.
- (v. t.) To put in force; to cause to take effect; to give effect to; to execute with vigor; as, to enforce the laws.
- (v. t.) To put in motion or action by violence; to drive.