• Engagement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which engages; engrossing occupation; employment of the attention; obligation by pledge, promise, or contract; an enterprise embarked in; as, his engagements prevented his acceptance of any office.
- (n.) The state of being in gear; as, one part of a clutch is brought into engagement with the other part.
- (n.) An action; a fight; a battle.
- (n.) The state of being engaged, pledged or occupied; specif., a pledge to take some one as husband or wife.
- (n.) The act of engaging, pledging, enlisting, occupying, or entering into contest.