• Enlisting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Enlist
• Enlist Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To enter on a list; to enroll; to register.
- (v. t.) To engage for military or naval service, the name being entered on a list or register; as, to enlist men.
- (v. i.) To enroll and bind ones self for military or naval service; as, he enlisted in the regular army; the men enlisted for the war.
- (v. t.) To secure the support and aid of; to employ in advancing interest; as, to enlist persons in the cause of truth, or in a charitable enterprise.
- (v. i.) To enter heartily into a cause, as if enrolled.