• Entail Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To settle or fix inalienably on a person or thing, or on a person and his descendants or a certain line of descendants; -- said especially of an estate; to bestow as an heritage.
- (n.) An estate in fee entailed, or limited in descent to a particular class of issue.
- (n.) Delicately carved ornamental work; intaglio.
- (n.) The rule by which the descent is fixed.
- (n.) To cut or carve in a ornamental way.
- (n.) That which is entailed.
- (n.) To appoint hereditary possessor.
• Entailing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Entail
• Entailed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Entail