• Enterprise Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To undertake an enterprise, or something hazardous or difficult.
- (v. t.) To undertake; to begin and attempt to perform; to venture upon.
- (n.) Willingness or eagerness to engage in labor which requires boldness, promptness, energy, and like qualities; as, a man of great enterprise.
- (v. t.) To treat with hospitality; to entertain.
- (n.) That which is undertaken; something attempted to be performed; a work projected which involves activity, courage, energy, and the like; a bold, arduous, or hazardous attempt; an undertaking; as, a manly enterprise; a warlike enterprise.
• Enterpriser Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who undertakes enterprises.