• Entertaining Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Affording entertainment; pleasing; amusing; diverting.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Entertain
• Entertain Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To be at the charges of; to take or keep in ones service; to maintain; to support; to harbor; to keep.
- (v. t.) To meet or encounter, as an enemy.
- (v. t.) To lead on; to bring along; to introduce.
- (v. t.) To give hospitable reception and maintenance to; to receive at ones board, or into ones house; to receive as a guest.
- (v. t.) To keep, hold, or maintain in the mind with favor; to keep in the mind; to harbor; to cherish; as, to entertain sentiments.
- (n.) Entertainment.
- (v. t.) To give reception to; to receive, in general; to receive and take into consideration; to admit, treat, or make use of; as, to entertain a proposal.
- (v. t.) To engage the attention of agreeably; to amuse with that which makes the time pass pleasantly; to divert; as, to entertain friends with conversation, etc.
- (v. i.) To receive, or provide entertainment for, guests; as, he entertains generously.