• Entitling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Entitle
• Entitle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To attribute; to ascribe.
- (v. t.) To give a claim to; to qualify for, with a direct object of the person, and a remote object of the thing; to furnish with grounds for seeking or claiming with success; as, an officers talents entitle him to command.
- (v. t.) To give a title to; to affix to as a name or appellation; hence, also, to dignify by an honorary designation; to denominate; to call; as, to entitle a book "Commentaries;" to entitle a man "Honorable."