• Entranced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Entrance
• Entrance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The angle which the bow of a vessel makes with the water at the water line.
- (n.) The bow, or entire wedgelike forepart of a vessel, below the water line.
- (n.) The act of entering or going into; ingress; as, the entrance of a person into a house or an apartment; hence, the act of taking possession, as of property, or of office; as, the entrance of an heir upon his inheritance, or of a magistrate into office.
- (n.) Liberty, power, or permission to enter; as, to give entrance to friends.
- (n.) The passage, door, or gate, for entering.
- (v. t.) To put into a trance; to make insensible to present objects.
- (v. t.) To put into an ecstasy; to ravish with delight or wonder; to enrapture; to charm.
- (n.) The entering upon; the beginning, or that with which the beginning is made; the commencement; initiation; as, a difficult entrance into business.
- (n.) The causing to be entered upon a register, as a ship or goods, at a customhouse; an entering; as, his entrance of the arrival was made the same day.