• Equaled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Equal
• Equal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not variable; equable; uniform; even; as, an equal movement.
- (v. t.) To make equal or equal to; to equalize; hence, to compare or regard as equals; to put on equality.
- (a.) Evenly balanced; not unduly inclining to either side; characterized by fairness; unbiased; impartial; equitable; just.
- (a.) Bearing a suitable relation; of just proportion; having competent power, abilities, or means; adequate; as, he is not equal to the task.
- (n.) One not inferior or superior to another; one having the same or a similar age, rank, station, office, talents, strength, or other quality or condition; an equal quantity or number; as, "If equals be taken from equals the remainders are equal."
- (a.) Intended for voices of one kind only, either all male or all female; -- opposed to mixed.
- (v. t.) To make equal return to; to recompense fully.
- (a.) Exactly agreeing with respect to quantity.
- (a.) Agreeing in quantity, size, quality, degree, value, etc.; having the same magnitude, the same value, the same degree, etc.; -- applied to number, degree, quantity, and intensity, and to any subject which admits of them; neither inferior nor superior, greater nor less, better nor worse; corresponding; alike; as, equal quantities of land, water, etc. ; houses of equal size; persons of equal stature or talents; commodities of equal value.
- (a.) Of the same interest or concern; indifferent.
- (n.) State of being equal; equality.
- (v. t.) To be or become equal to; to have the same quantity, the same value, the same degree or rank, or the like, with; to be commen/urate with.