• Equivalence Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Equal power or force; equivalent amount.
- (n.) The quantity of the combining power of an atom, expressed in hydrogen units; the number of hydrogen atoms can combine with, or be exchanged for; valency. See Valence.
- (n.) The degree of combining power as determined by relative weight. See Equivalent, n., 2.
- (v. t.) To be equivalent or equal to; to counterbalance.
- (n.) The condition of being equivalent or equal; equality of worth, value, signification, or force; as, an equivalence of definitions.