• Erupt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to burst forth; to eject; as, to erupt lava.
- (v. i.) To eject something, esp. lava, water, etc., as a volcano or geyser.
- (v. i.) To burst forth; to break out, as ashes from a volcano, teeth through the gums, etc.
• Eruption Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of breaking out or bursting forth; as: (a) A violent throwing out of flames, lava, etc., as from a volcano of a fissure in the earths crust. (b) A sudden and overwhelming hostile movement of armed men from one country to another. Milton. (c) A violent commotion.
- (n.) The breaking out of pimples, or an efflorescence, as in measles, scarlatina, etc.
- (n.) That which bursts forth.
- (n.) A violent exclamation; ejaculation.