• Evaporating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Evaporate
• Evaporate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To convert from a liquid or solid state into vapor (usually) by the agency of heat; to dissipate in vapor or fumes.
- (v. t.) To expel moisture from (usually by means of artificial heat), leaving the solid portion; to subject to evaporation; as, to evaporate apples.
- (a.) Dispersed in vapors.
- (v. t.) To give vent to; to dissipate.
- (v. t.) To pass off in vapor, as a fluid; to escape and be dissipated, either in visible vapor, or in practice too minute to be visible.
- (v. t.) To escape or pass off without effect; to be dissipated; to be wasted, as, the spirit of writer often evaporates in the process of translation.