• Evened Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Even
• Even Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To place in an equal state, as to obligation, or in a state in which nothing is due on either side; to balance, as accounts; to make quits.
- (v. i.) To be equal.
- (v. t.) To equal
- (n.) Evening. See Eve, n. 1.
- (a.) In an equal or precisely similar manner; equally; precisely; just; likewise; as well.
- (a.) As might not be expected; -- serving to introduce what is unexpected or less expected.
- (a.) Not odd; capable of division by two without a remainder; -- said of numbers; as, 4 and 10 are even numbers.
- (a.) Parallel; on a level; reaching the same limit.
- (a.) Associate; fellow; of the same condition.
- (a.) Equable; not easily ruffed or disturbed; calm; uniformly self-possessed; as, an even temper.
- (a.) At the very time; in the very case.
- (v. t.) To act up to; to keep pace with.
- (a.) Level, smooth, or equal in surface; not rough; free from irregularities; hence uniform in rate of motion of action; as, even ground; an even speed; an even course of conduct.
- (a.) Balanced; adjusted; fair; equitable; impartial; just to both side; owing nothing on either side; -- said of accounts, bargains, or persons indebted; as, our accounts are even; an even bargain.
- (v. t.) To set right; to complete.
- (a.) Up to, or down to, an unusual measure or level; so much as; fully; quite.
- (v. t.) To make even or level; to level; to lay smooth.
- (a.) Without an irregularity, flaw, or blemish; pure.
• Evene Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To happen.