• Evidence Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To render evident or clear; to prove; to evince; as, to evidence a fact, or the guilt of an offender.
- (n.) One who bears witness.
- (n.) That which is legally submitted to competent tribunal, as a means of ascertaining the truth of any alleged matter of fact under investigation before it; means of making proof; -- the latter, strictly speaking, not being synonymous with evidence, but rather the effect of it.
- (n.) That which makes evident or manifest; that which furnishes, or tends to furnish, proof; any mode of proof; the ground of belief or judgement; as, the evidence of our senses; evidence of the truth or falsehood of a statement.
• Evidenced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Evidence