• Exception Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of excepting or excluding; exclusion; restriction by taking out something which would otherwise be included, as in a class, statement, rule.
- (n.) An objection, oral or written, taken, in the course of an action, as to bail or security; or as to the decision of a judge, in the course of a trail, or in his charge to a jury; or as to lapse of time, or scandal, impertinence, or insufficiency in a pleading; also, as in conveyancing, a clause by which the grantor excepts something before granted.
- (n.) An objection; cavil; dissent; disapprobation; offense; cause of offense; -- usually followed by to or against.
- (n.) That which is excepted or taken out from others; a person, thing, or case, specified as distinct, or not included; as, almost every general rule has its exceptions.
• Exceptional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Forming an exception; not ordinary; uncommon; rare; hence, better than the average; superior.
• Exceptionless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Without exception.