• Executing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Execute
• Execute Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To do ones work; to act ones part of purpose.
- (v. t.) To follow out or through to the end; to carry out into complete effect; to complete; to finish; to effect; to perform.
- (v. t.) To infect capital punishment on; to put to death in conformity to a legal sentence; as, to execute a traitor.
- (v. t.) To perform, as a piece of music, either on an instrument or with the voice; as, to execute a difficult part brilliantly.
- (v. t.) Too put to death illegally; to kill.
- (v. i.) To perform musically.
- (v. t.) To give effect to; to do what is provided or required by; to perform the requirements or stimulations of; as, to execute a decree, judgment, writ, or process.
- (v. t.) To complete, as a legal instrument; to perform what is required to give validity to, as by signing and perhaps sealing and delivering; as, to execute a deed, lease, mortgage, will, etc.