• Execution Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The carrying into effect the judgment given in a court of law.
- (n.) A judicial writ by which an officer is empowered to carry a judgment into effect; final process.
- (n.) The act of the mode of performing a work of art, of performing on an instrument, of engraving, etc.; as, the execution of a statue, painting, or piece of music.
- (n.) That which is executed or accomplished; effect; effective work; -- usually with do.
- (n.) The act of signing, and delivering a legal instrument, or giving it the forms required to render it valid; as, the execution of a deed, or a will.
- (n.) A putting to death as a legal penalty; death lawfully inflicted; as, the execution of a murderer.
- (n.) The act of sacking a town.
- (n.) The act of executing; a carrying into effect or to completion; performance; achievement; consummation; as, the execution of a plan, a work, etc.
• Executioner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who puts to death in conformity to legal warrant, as a hangman.
- (n.) One who executes; an executer.