• Exert Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To put force, ability, or anything of the nature of an active faculty; to put in vigorous action; to bring into active operation; as, to exert the strength of the body, limbs, faculties, or imagination; to exert the mind or the voice.
- (v. t.) To thrust forth; to emit; to push out.
- (v. t.) To put forth, as the result or exercise of effort; to bring to bear; to do or perform.
• Exerting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Exert
• Exertment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Exertion.