• Exhort Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To incite by words or advice; to animate or urge by arguments, as to a good deed or laudable conduct; to address exhortation to; to urge strongly; hence, to advise, warn, or caution.
- (v. i.) To deliver exhortation; to use words or arguments to incite to good deeds.
- (n.) Exhortation.
• Exhortation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of practice of exhorting; the act of inciting to laudable deeds; incitement to that which is good or commendable.
- (n.) Language intended to incite and encourage; advice; counsel; admonition.