• Expend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To pay out or disburse money.
- (v. t.) To lay out, apply, or employ in any way; to consume by use; to use up or distribute, either in payment or in donations; to spend; as, they expend money for food or in charity; to expend time labor, and thought; to expend hay in feeding cattle, oil in a lamp, water in mechanical operations.
- (v. i.) To be laid out, used, or consumed.
• Expending Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Expend
• Expended Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Expend