• Experimented Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Experiment
• Experiment Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To try; to know, perceive, or prove, by trial experience.
- (v. t.) To make experiment; to operate by test or trial; -- often with on, upon, or in, referring to the subject of an experiment; with, referring to the instrument; and by, referring to the means; as, to experiment upon electricity; he experimented in plowing with ponies, or by steam power.
- (n.) Experience.
- (n.) Atrial or special observation, made to confirm or disprove something doubtful; esp., one under conditions determined by the experimenter; an act or operation undertaken in order to discover some unknown principle or effect, or to test, establish, or illustrate some suggest or known truth; practical test; poof.