• Expiration Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Emission of volatile matter; exhalation.
- (n.) The act or process of breathing out, or forcing air from the lungs through the nose or mouth; as, respiration consists of inspiration and expiration; -- opposed to inspiration.
- (n.) The act of expiring
- (n.) That which is expired; matter breathed forth; that which is produced by breathing out, as a sound.
- (n.) The last emission of breath; death.
- (n.) A coming to a close; cessation; extinction; termination; end.