• Exploded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Explode
• Explode Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bring into disrepute, and reject; to drive from notice and acceptance; as, to explode a scheme, fashion, or doctrine.
- (v. t.) To drive out with violence and noise, as by powder.
- (v. t.) To cause to explode or burst noisily; to detonate; as, to explode powder by touching it with fire.
- (v. i.) To burst with force and a loud report; to detonate, as a shell filled with powder or the like material, or as a boiler from too great pressure of steam.
- (v. t.) To drive from the stage by noisy expressions of disapprobation; to hoot off; to drive away or reject noisily; as, to explode a play.
- (v. i.) To burst forth with sudden violence and noise; as, at this, his wrath exploded.
- (v. i.) To become suddenly expanded into a great volume of gas or vapor; to burst violently into flame; as gunpowder explodes.