• Exposed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Expose
• Expose Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To set forth; to set out to public view; to exhibit; to show; to display; as, to expose goods for sale; to expose pictures to public inspection.
- (v. t.) A formal recital or exposition of facts; exposure, or revelation, of something which some one wished to keep concealed.
- (v. t.) To deprive of concealment; to discover; to lay open to public inspection, or bring to public notice, as a thing that shuns publicity, something criminal, shameful, or the like; as, to expose the faults of a neighbor.
- (v. t.) To lay bare; to lay open to attack, danger, or anything objectionable; to render accessible to anything which may affect, especially detrimentally; to make liable; as, to expose ones self to the heat of the sun, or to cold, insult, danger, or ridicule; to expose an army to destruction or defeat.
- (v. t.) To disclose the faults or reprehensible practices of; to lay open to general condemnation or contempt by making public the character or arts of; as, to expose a cheat, liar, or hypocrite.
• Exposedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being exposed, laid open, or unprotected; as, an exposedness to sin or temptation.