• Exposition Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Situation or position with reference to direction of view or accessibility to influence of sun, wind, etc.; exposure; as, an easterly exposition; an exposition to the sun.
- (n.) The act of expounding or of laying open the sense or meaning of an author, or a passage; explanation; interpretation; the sense put upon a passage; a law, or the like, by an interpreter; hence, a work containing explanations or interpretations; a commentary.
- (n.) The act of exposing or laying open; a setting out or displaying to public view.
- (n.) A public exhibition or show, as of industrial and artistic productions; as, the Paris Exposition of 1878.