• Extend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To enlarge, as a surface or volume; to expand; to spread; to amplify; as, to extend metal plates by hammering or rolling them.
- (v. t.) To bestow; to offer; to impart; to apply; as, to extend sympathy to the suffering.
- (v. t.) To enlarge; to widen; to carry out further; as, to extend the capacities, the sphere of usefulness, or commerce; to extend power or influence; to continue, as time; to lengthen; to prolong; as, to extend the time of payment or a season of trail.
- (v. t.) To stretch out; to prolong in space; to carry forward or continue in length; as, to extend a line in surveying; to extend a cord across the street.
- (v. t.) To hold out or reach forth, as the arm or hand.
- (v. t.) To value, as lands taken by a writ of extent in satisfaction of a debt; to assign by writ of extent.
- (v. t.) To increase in quantity by weakening or adulterating additions; as, to extend liquors.
• Extendant Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Displaced.
• Extending Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Extend
• Extended Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Extend