• Extension Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects; -- correlative of intension.
- (v. t.) That property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space.
- (v. t.) The operation of stretching a broken bone so as to bring the fragments into the same straight line.
- (v. t.) The straightening of a limb, in distinction from flexion.
- (v. t.) A written engagement on the part of a creditor, allowing a debtor further time to pay a debt.
- (v. t.) The act of extending or the state of being extended; a stretching out; enlargement in breadth or continuation of length; increase; augmentation; expansion.
, University extension
• Extensional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having great extent.