• Extinct Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Without a survivor; without force; dead; as, a family becomes extinct; an extinct feud or law.
- (a.) Extinguished; put out; quenched; as, a fire, a light, or a lamp, is extinct; an extinct volcano.
- (v. t.) To cause to be extinct.
• Extinction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of extinguishing or making extinct; a putting an end to; the act of putting out or destroying light, fire, life, activity, influence, etc.
- (n.) State of being extinguished or of ceasing to be; destruction; suppression; as, the extinction of life, of a family, of a quarrel, of claim.