• Extreme Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Either of the extreme terms of a syllogism, the middle term being interposed between them.
- (a.) Extended or contracted as much as possible; -- said of intervals; as, an extreme sharp second; an extreme flat forth.
- (a.) Radical; ultra; as, extreme opinions.
- (n.) The utmost point or verge; that part which terminates a body; extremity.
- (a.) The best of worst; most urgent; greatest; highest; immoderate; excessive; most violent; as, an extreme case; extreme folly.
- (a.) At the utmost point, edge, or border; outermost; utmost; farthest; most remote; at the widest limit.
- (n.) Utmost limit or degree that is supposable or tolerable; hence, furthest degree; any undue departure from the mean; -- often in the plural: things at an extreme distance from each other, the most widely different states, etc.; as, extremes of heat and cold, of virtue and vice; extremes meet.
- (n.) An extreme state or condition; hence, calamity, danger, distress, etc.
- (a.) Last; final; conclusive; -- said of time; as, the extreme hour of life.
- (n.) The first or the last term of a proportion or series.
• Extremely Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an extreme manner or state; in the utmost degree; to the utmost point; exceedingly; as, extremely hot or cold.
• Extremeless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no extremes; infinite.