• Fable Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To feign; to invent; to devise, and speak of, as true or real; to tell of falsely.
- (n.) Any story told to excite wonder; common talk; the theme of talk.
- (n.) The plot, story, or connected series of events, forming the subject of an epic or dramatic poem.
- (n.) A Feigned story or tale, intended to instruct or amuse; a fictitious narration intended to enforce some useful truth or precept; an apologue. See the Note under Apologue.
- (n.) Fiction; untruth; falsehood.
- (v. i.) To compose fables; hence, to write or speak fiction ; to write or utter what is not true.
• Fabled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fable