• Faction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the divisions or parties of charioteers (distinguished by their colors) in the games of the circus.
- (n.) A party, in political society, combined or acting in union, in opposition to the government, or state; -- usually applied to a minority, but it may be applied to a majority; a combination or clique of partisans of any kind, acting for their own interests, especially if greedy, clamorous, and reckless of the common good.
- (n.) Tumult; discord; dissension.
• Factionary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Belonging to a faction; being a partisan; taking sides.