• Factor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who transacts business for another; an agent; a substitute; especially, a mercantile agent who buys and sells goods and transacts business for others in commission; a commission merchant or consignee. He may be a home factor or a foreign factor. He may buy and sell in his own name, and he is intrusted with the possession and control of the goods; and in these respects he differs from a broker.
- (n.) A steward or bailiff of an estate.
- (n.) One of the elements, circumstances, or influences which contribute to produce a result; a constituent.
- (v. t.) To resolve (a quantity) into its factors.
- (n.) One of the elements or quantities which, when multiplied together, from a product.
• Factorize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To attach (the effects of a debtor) in the hands of a third person ; to garnish. See Garnish.
- (v. t.) To give warning to; -- said of a person in whose hands the effects of another are attached, the warning being to the effect that he shall not pay the money or deliver the property of the defendant in his hands to him, but appear and answer the suit of the plaintiff.
• Factorizing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Factorize