• Fag Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To tire by labor; to exhaust; as, he was almost fagged out.
- (n.) A knot or coarse part in cloth.
- (v. i.) To labor to wearness; to work hard; to drudge.
- (v. i.) To act as a fag, or perform menial services or drudgery, for another, as in some English schools.
- (v. t.) Anything that fatigues.
- (v. i.) To become weary; to tire.
• Fagged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fag
• Fagot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bundle of sticks, twigs, or small branches of trees, used for fuel, for raising batteries, filling ditches, or other purposes in fortification; a fascine.
- (n.) An old shriveled woman.
- (n.) A bassoon. See Fagotto.
- (n.) A bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be worked over into bars or other shapes by rolling or hammering at a welding heat; a pile.
- (n.) A person hired to take the place of another at the muster of a company.
- (v. t.) To make a fagot of; to bind together in a fagot or bundle; also, to collect promiscuously.