• Falsify Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) To prove to be false, or untrustworthy; to confute; to disprove; to nullify; to make to appear false.
- (a.) To make false; to represent falsely.
- (a.) To baffle or escape; as, to falsify a blow.
- (v. i.) To tell lies; to violate the truth.
- (a.) To violate; to break by falsehood; as, to falsify ones faith or word.
- (a.) To show, in accounting, (an inem of charge inserted in an account) to be wrong.
- (a.) To counterfeit; to forge; as, to falsify coin.
- (a.) To make false by multilation or addition; to tamper with; as, to falsify a record or document.
- (a.) To avoid or defeat; to prove false, as a judgment.
• Falsifying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Falsify