• Famishing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Famish
• Famish Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To kill, or to cause to suffer extremity, by deprivation or denial of anything necessary.
- (v. t.) To exhaust the strength or endurance of, by hunger; to distress with hanger.
- (v. t.) To starve, kill, or destroy with hunger.
- (v. t.) To force or constrain by famine.
- (v. i.) To suffer extremity from deprivation of anything essential or necessary.
- (v. i.) To suffer extreme hunger or thirst, so as to be exhausted in strength, or to come near to perish.
- (v. i.) To die of hunger; to starve.
- (a.) Smoky; hot; choleric.