• Fancying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fancy
• Fancy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An image or representation of anything formed in the mind; conception; thought; idea; conceit.
- (v. t.) To have a fancy for; to like; to be pleased with, particularly on account of external appearance or manners.
- (n.) A sort of love song or light impromptu ballad.
- (v. t.) To believe without sufficient evidence; to imagine (something which is unreal).
- (n.) The faculty by which the mind forms an image or a representation of anything perceived before; the power of combining and modifying such objects into new pictures or images; the power of readily and happily creating and recalling such objects for the purpose of amusement, wit, or embellishment; imagination.
- (n.) An opinion or notion formed without much reflection; caprice; whim; impression.
- (a.) Adapted to please the fancy or taste; ornamental; as, fancy goods.
- (n.) Inclination; liking, formed by caprice rather than reason; as, to strike ones fancy; hence, the object of inclination or liking.
- (v. t.) To form a conception of; to portray in the mind; to imagine.
- (n.) That which pleases or entertains the taste or caprice without much use or value.
- (v. i.) To figure to ones self; to believe or imagine something without proof.
- (v. i.) To love.
- (a.) Extravagant; above real value.