• Farad Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The standard unit of electrical capacity; the capacity of a condenser whose charge, having an electro-motive force of one volt, is equal to the amount of electricity which, with the same electromotive force, passes through one ohm in one second; the capacity, which, charged with one coulomb, gives an electro-motive force of one volt.
• Faradic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Michael Faraday, the distinguished electrician; -- applied especially to induced currents of electricity, as produced by certain forms of inductive apparatus, on account of Faradays investigations of their laws.
• Faradism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Faradization