• Fare Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) The person or persons conveyed in a vehicle; as, a full fare of passengers.
- (v.) The catch of fish on a fishing vessel.
- (v.) A journey; a passage.
- (n.) To go; to pass; to journey; to travel.
- (n.) To be in any state, or pass through any experience, good or bad; to be attended with any circummstances or train of events, fortunate or unfortunate; as, he fared well, or ill.
- (n.) To be treated or entertained at table, or with bodily or social comforts; to live.
- (v.) Condition or state of things; fortune; hap; cheer.
- (n.) To behave; to conduct ones self.
- (n.) To happen well, or ill; -- used impersonally; as, we shall see how it will fare with him.
- (v.) Ado; bustle; business.
- (v.) Food; provisions for the table; entertainment; as, coarse fare; delicious fare.
- (v.) The price of passage or going; the sum paid or due for conveying a person by land or water; as, the fare for crossing a river; the fare in a coach or by railway.
• Fared Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fare
• Faren Definition & Synonyms
- () p. p. of Fare, v. i.