• Farmed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Farm
• Farm Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lease or let for an equivalent, as land for a rent; to yield the use of to proceeds.
- (a. & n.) A district of country leased (or farmed) out for the collection of the revenues of government.
- (v. t.) To devote (land) to agriculture; to cultivate, as land; to till, as a farm.
- (a. & n.) The term or tenure of a lease of land for cultivation; a leasehold.
- (a. & n.) The land held under lease and by payment of rent for the purpose of cultivation.
- (v. i.) To engage in the business of tilling the soil; to labor as a farmer.
- (a. & n.) A lease of the imposts on particular goods; as, the sugar farm, the silk farm.
- (a. & n.) Any tract of land devoted to agricultural purposes, under the management of a tenant or the owner.
- (a. & n.) The rent of land, -- originally paid by reservation of part of its products.
- (v. t.) To take at a certain rent or rate.
- (v. t.) To give up to another, as an estate, a business, the revenue, etc., on condition of receiving in return a percentage of what it yields; as, to farm the taxes.