• Fashioning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fashion
• Fashion Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To form; to give shape or figure to; to mold.
- (v. t.) To make according to the rule prescribed by custom.
- (v. t.) To forge or counterfeit.
- (v. t.) To fit; to adapt; to accommodate; -- with to.
- (n.) Mode of action; method of conduct; manner; custom; sort; way.
- (n.) The prevailing mode or style, especially of dress; custom or conventional usage in respect of dress, behavior, etiquette, etc.; particularly, the mode or style usual among persons of good breeding; as, to dress, dance, sing, ride, etc., in the fashion.
- (n.) The make or form of anything; the style, shape, appearance, or mode of structure; pattern, model; as, the fashion of the ark, of a coat, of a house, of an altar, etc.; workmanship; execution.
- (n.) Polite, fashionable, or genteel life; social position; good breeding; as, men of fashion.